Friday, October 08, 2010

Why Do I Suck at Sleeping In?

Last night at dinner:
Me: (to Josh) Do you want to take the kids to school in the morning?
Josh: Why?
Me: So I can sleep in.
Josh: But you suck at sleeping in.
Me: I don't. I can sleep in until 9:30 or so.
Josh: That isn't really sleeping in.
Me: Just because you go to bed at 4:00 in the morning and are able to sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon, 9:30 is still considered to be a sleep in.

...

This morning:
JOSH's alarm went off at 7:00. Whoo hoo. I had forgotten!! I'm sleeping in!!
7:05:
Keira: The alarm went off in my bedroom and woke me up!! Will you help me brush my teeth?

Wouldn't you know that I haven't been back to sleep since?

2 comments:

Anna said...

I seem to remember you used to be brilliant at sleeping

Anonymous said...

I think that once you have kids, the sleep in function is replaced with the guilt function. Oh to have a sleep in again!